Dr Laxman Gouda is working as a postdoctoral associate in Prof. Giulia Grancini’s group, University of Pavia (Italyfocusing on 2D/3D Hybrid Perovskite Photovoltaic Devices.
He received his Ph.D degree from Prof. Arie Zaban research group at Bar-Ilan Institute of Nanotechnology Advanced Materials (BINA), chemistry department, Bar Ilan University Israel, (2013 – 17). Following the completion of Ph.D he joined the Molecular Photonic Laboratory at Prof. Yaakov Tischler’s group, BINA, Israel (2017-18) as a pre postdoctoral researcher. He completed his first postdoc in the group of Prof. Francisco Fabregat-Santiago, University of Jaume I, Spain and Prof. David Tilley, University of Zurich, Switzerland (2018- 20).
His research mainly focused on the hybrid perovskite solar cells, Raman spectroscopy and photonic devices, and green chemistry – electrochemical value added chemical synthesis. His main research interest is developing a technology for efficient solar energy conversion and energy storage in chemical bonds.
2020 – Present
2D/3D hybrid perovskite solar cells, Photovoltaic Research in Pavia
Prof. Giulia Grancini groups, physical chemistry department, university of Pavia, Italy.
Research focus: “2D/3D hybrid perovskite solar cells for energy conversion and photovoltaic assisted green chemical synthesis.”
2018 – 2020
Artificial Photosynthesis, Institute of Advanced Materials, (INAM-UJI-UZH)
Prof. Fran research group, Physics Department, University of Jume I, Spain.
Prof. Dr. David Tilley, Chemistry Department, University of Zurich, Switzerland
Research focus: “ Green chemical synthesis – electro chemical value added chemical synthesis, decoupled Biomass conversion and Hydrogen production ”
2017 – 2018
Molecular Photonics and Device Spectroscopy, Bar-Ilan Institute of Nanotechnology Advanced Materials (BINA), Israel
Prof..Yaakov Tischler, Department of Chemistry, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Research focus: “ Hybrid Perovskite photodetector, low frequency Raman spectroscopy, Superlattice of perovskite and micro cavities and LASING of Hybrid perovskite”
2013 – 2017
Sustainable Electricity – Solar conversion and storage, Bar-Ilan Institute of Nanotechnology Advanced Materials (BINA), Israel.
President and Prof. Arie Zaban, Department of Chemistry, Bar-Ilan University, Israel.
Thesis: “Photoinduced interface modification and recombination mechanism in mesoscopic hybrid perovskite solar cells” and also research focused on high throughput combinatorial approach for multijunction oxide solar cells.
2009 – 2011
Inorganic Chemistry and Spectroscopy,
Prof. J Seetaramappa, Dept. of Chemistry, Karnataka University Dharwad, India.
Thesis: “In situ fluorescence spectroscopy study of drug protein interaction and its mechanism”
- Marie Curie Initial Training Network, Destiny -2013-2016
- Generalitat Valencia, Spain, 2018- 2020
- Inspire Faculty award, India – July 2018
- Kamin Israel research grant – 2018
Publications and Patents
- Laxman Gouda,Y.R. Aniruddha and Sheela k. Ramasesha, “Correlation between the solution chemistry to observed properties of CdTe thin films prepared by CBD method”, J. Modern physics, 2013.
- Ronen Gottesman, Eynav Haltzi, Laxman Gouda, Shay Tirosh, Yaniv Bouhadana , and Arie Zaban, “Extremely slow photoconductivity response of CH3NH3PbI3Perovskites suggesting structuralchanges under working conditions”, JPCL, 2014
- Ronen Gottesman, Laxman Gouda, Basanth S Kalanoor, Eynav Haltzi, Shay Tirosh, Eli Rosh-Hodesh, Yaakov Tischler and Arie Zaban, “Photo-induced reversible structural transformations in freestanding CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite films”, JPCL, 2015
- Basanth S. Kalanoor, Laxman Gouda, Ronen Gottesman, Shai Tirosh, Eynav Haltzi, Arie Zaban, Yaakov R. Tischler, “Third order optical nonlinearities in organometallic methylammonium lead iodideperovskite thin films”, ACS Photonics, 2015
- Laxman Gouda, Ronen Gottesman, Shay Tirosh, Eynav Haltzi, Jiangang Hu, Adam Ginsburg, David A.Keller, Yaniv Bouhadana and Arie Zaban, “Vapor and healing treatment for CH3NH3PbI3−xClxfilms towardlarge-area perovskite solar cells”, Nano scale, 2015
6) Laxman Gouda, Ronen Gottesman, Adam Ginsburg, David A. Keller, Eynav Haltzi, Jiangang Hu, Shay Tirosh, Assaf Y. Anderson, and Arie Zaban, “Open circuit potential build-up in perovskite solar cells fromdark conditions to 1 sun”, JPCL, 2015.
- Ronen Gottesman, Pilar Lopez-Varo, Laxman Gouda, Juan A. Jimenez-Tejada, Jiangang Hu, Shay Tirosh, Arie Zaban and Juan Bisquert, “Dynamic phenomena at perovskite/contact interfaces and theinterpretation of photovoltage decays”, Chem 2016.
- Ralf G. Niemann, Laxman Gouda, Jiangang Hu, Shay Tirosh, Ronen Gottesman, P.J. Cameron and Arie Zaban, “Cs+ incorporation into CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite: broad miscibility gap and stability enhancement”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A. 2016
9) Vijay Bhooshan Kumar, Laxman Gouda, Ze’ev Porat, Aharon Gedanken, “Sonochemical synthesis of CH3NH3PbI3 perovskite ultrafine nanocrystal sensitizers for solar energy applications” Elsevier, Ultrasonics sonochemistry, 2016.
10) Laxman Gouda, Kevin J. Rietwyk, Jiangang Hu, Adi Kama, Adam Ginsburg, Maayan Priel, David A. Keller, Shay Tirosh, Simcha Meir, Ronen Gottesman and Arie Zaban, “High resolution study of TiO2 contact layer thickness on the performance of over 800 Perovskite solar cells” ACS energy letters, 2017
11) Jiangang Hu, Ronen Gottesman, Laxman Gouda, Adi Kama, Maayan Priel, Shay Tirosh, Juan Bisquert and Arie Zaban “Photovoltage behavior in perovskite solar cells under light-soaking showingphotoinduced interfacial changes”, ACS energy letters, 2017
12) Vinayaka. H Damle, Laxman. Gouda, Shay. Tirosh, and Yaakov. R. Tischler “Structural Characterization and Room Temperature Low Frequency Raman Scattering from MAPbI3 Halide Perovskite Films Rigidized by Cesium Incorporation” ACS Applied Energy Materials, 2018
13) Jiangang Hu, Laxman Gouda, Adi Kama, Ronen Gottesman, Shay Tirosh, and Arie Zaban,“Defectsformation and accumulation at TiO2/CsPbBr3 interface and effect on radiative recombination” ACS, Applied Energy Materials. 2019
14) Taal. B. Uliel, Laxman. Gouda, Anat. Itzhak, and Yaakov .R.Tischler “Microcavity Enhancement of Low Frequency Raman Scattering from thin films of CsPbI3” Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 2019
- Tal Ben Uliel, Laxman Gouda, and Yaakov R. Tischler, “Microcavity Device to Enhance Low Frequency Raman Scattering” US patent, Application number- 62/760,058. 2018
- Laxman Gouda, Orrin Kigner, Omree Kapon and Yaakov R. Tischler, “Multi-Layer Devices based on Hybrid Perovskites and Film Transfer Technology” US patent, Application number- 62743564. 2018