Giulia’s work focuses on the current scientific challenge of exploring the fundamental photophysical processes underlying the operation of advanced optoelectronic devices, with a special attention to new generation photovoltaics. In particular, she contributed with pioneer works to the understanding of the interface physics which governs the operation of organic and hybrid perovskite solar cells.
Researcher unique identifiers: ORCID ID: 0000-0001-8704-4222; Scopus Author ID: 6508101563; Researcher ID: K-9060-2013; http://chimica.unipv.eu/site/home/persone/docenti-e-ricercatori/scheda700003461.html.
TRACK RECORD: H index=45 (from Google scholar); total number of citations >16900; most cited paper >6700 citations. Number of scientific Publications: 95 (one in Nature Materials, one in Science, one in Nature Photonics, one in Nature Reviews Materials), 2 patents, 30 invitation to international conferences. Since 2017, as PI I attracted funding from EU, MIUR, SNSF and industrial partners for 3,400,000 €.
Vice-Chair Selection Committee of the Young Academy of Europe (YAE) from 20/05/2019 – USERN Ambassador for Italy from 01/01/2020 – Member of “100 donne nella scienza contro gli stereotipi” Fondazione Bracco from 06/2020 – Member of 1 Million Women In Science campaign (from 05/2020) – Member of WiRE – Women in Renewable Energy (from 10/2020) – Member Gruppo2003. Invited Speaker “6th International Day of Women and Girls in Science”, at ONU (virtual), Royal Academy of Science International Trust (RASIT).
Abilitazione Nazionale 02/B1 e 03/A2.
1. Principal Investigator (PI) of Cariplo Economia Circolare 2021 Green flexible hybrid perovskite solar module for the market: from smart lead manipulation to recycling FLHYPER, 300k € from 01/01/2021
2. Edison Spa: contratto 1 POST DOC and Research Program, 70k € from 01/02/2021
3. Go for IT – CRUI Post Doc Fellowship “Breaking the Efficiency Limit of Halide Perovskites Solar Cells by Imaging the Nanoscale Trap Density in Real Time” between UniPV and Cambridge, 30k € from 01/01/2021.
4. ENI Spa: 1 PhD Fellowhip for 2020-2023 “Celle solari 2D e 3D a base di perovskite”, 90k€
5. PI of the ERC Starting Grant (1.5 M €) – HY-NANO (802862) “HYbrid NANOstructured multi-functional interfaces for stable, efficient and eco-friendly photovoltaic devices, 01/07/2019
6. PI of project EXPRESS, FARE EXPRESS “EXploring Photoferroelectricity in halide peRovskitES for optoelectronicS” MIUR 2020 (299k €),12/06/2020
7 PI of the SNSF Ambizione Energy Grant (SNSF PZENP2_173641) HYPER “Engineering HYbrid multidimensional interfaces for high efficient and stable PERovskite solar cells” 05/2017-06/2019, 740k CHF
8. PI of the co-fund EPFL Marie Skłodowska-Curie Fellowship, H2020 no. 665667 “Fundamental Physics behind high-efficient hybrid perovskite solar cells” 10/2015-05/2018 64kCHF
9. Co-PI of the SNSF Sinergia Grant: “EPISODE”, 06/2017 – 08/2019, 974k CHF
10. Co-PI of Commission for Technology and Innovation (CTI) Project in Collaboration with Solaronix “Stable Perovskite Solar Cells: A new Paradigm in Renewable Energy” 07/2016 – 07/2019 760kCHF
11. PI of the Laserlab-Europe project CUSBO002194 Structural and Photophysical Diversity across sub-micrometer scale govern the performances of high efficient, 10k€, December 2015
1) G. Grancini, H. Snaith, Patent 8099 Dehns 11.95.109162 “Optoelectronic Device”, Isis Innovation Limited, Oxford Universitygpz//patentscopewipo.int/search/en/WO2012156723 (2012).
2) G. Grancini, H. Snaith, Patent 8132 Dehns 11.95.109612 “Polymer/sensitizer solar cells”, Isis Innovation Limited, Oxford University ﬁp://patentscooe.wiDo.int/search/en/WO2013030553 (2013).
2016-2017: Invited Lecturer Master-level course of Chemistry, Advanced Materials for Photovoltaic and LightingApplications, (Course N”: MCH 546), Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne.
2012-2013 Invited Lecturer Master-level course of Physics of Photovoltaics for Physical Engineers POLIMI, Milano.
2010, 2013-2014 Assistant Professor on Graduate~level course Physics A for Biomedical Engineering at POLIMI
2009-2012 Laboratory Lecturer on Mechanics and Electro-magnetic Physics at POLIMI for all classes of Engineering.